Second Trimester Approaching

I have officially entered into the "I am hungry all the time but can't eat more than half a child's size meal" stage. I go to a restaurant and want an app, a salad, a rootbeer float a main dish and a dessert- but I only want about 5 bites of each please! I am ADDICTED to popsicles, ice pops-the cheap frozen little juice tubes- I go through about 15-25 a day! The Iccee brand ones are the best- they stay "mushy" all the time.

The mood swings, or what I can honestly admit anyways, have subsided and I have fewer breakdowns- although can still cry at the drop of  a hat. I went to my cousins ceremony this weekend and she was awarded the "World's Greatest Pediatrician" Award (or something close), and she went to get it, and I swear I could have balled my eyes out- I was so happy and proud of her! My brother officially came out of the closet with his "news" his girlfriend/ acquaintance/ ex-girlfriend- things will work now because we are having a kid pal are 7 weeks along- due early January... God help them.

Super Marine Uncle T is coming home for a week this Saturday- which will be very nice. A week from today I have my first appointment with the new doctor, and I am hoping that he is able to help with getting me a little more restricted and maybe a little less stressed out. All of my wonderful nails have broken or been snagged, my stomach is again a mess, and I am going through Tylenol like it's bottled water! Something has to give here soon or little Squishy is going to start feeling it too! It's hard to sleep and when I finally do I feel restless and wake up so tired that I may as well have not slept at all.

I can tell when I get stressed because I make lists, alot. 

I think I keep the Post-It company in business!

I get it from my grandmother- and it seems to go into overdrive when I get stressed- I try and plan out budgets down to the penny for the next 2 years, I list out every minute thing I need to do at home or at work or blog ideas, or baby stuff I need to register for- it's OCD it really is. My hair also starts falling out (which is increased by the pregnancy right now), and my nails start to chip and peel :(

I made myself a hair appointment for this week hoping maybe a little cut and color would lift up my spirits before the long weekend. Maybe I will complete some of my lists by then, too and it will help lower the stress.

I tried acupuncture for the first time Saturday- and it was.... an interesting experience. Anyone that knows me knows I am NO FAN of needles. So the idea of acupuncture wasn't exactly on my bucket list- but being pregnant seriously limits my options for pains/ ailments, so I figured what the heck? It wasn't as "scary" as I though it would be, and my headaches have seriously subsided since then and my stomach felt normal for a few days (until a good 2 days back at work)- so it is either a good placebo or it did work- either way I felt better.

I made it thru the name book last night- marked all my "ok" or "loves" with highlighter and sticky notes, next on the list (see!) is to write them all on one sheet for daddy to approve- his response was that I should have gotten the English name book and not the weird one.... there really are some crazy ones in there. He has vetoed Nemo, Elmo, Gorgonzola and Spinach- all of which were in our book as valid names. So maybe in the next few weeks we will start narrowing down the possibles and the "helllll no's."

Baby shower time is fast approaching as well, which means registering for stuff and getting one step closer to bringing baby home!I am slightly daunted by the shower thing- I don't like being the center of attention and sitting in front of a group of people opening gifts and coming up with unique responses to show how grateful and happy we are is somewhat overwhelming for my pregnancy brain right now. Also, the MIL is stressing me out- my husband wouldn't admit or see it- but it is our wedding all over again. She is helping plan one of the showers and is already all over me about details and whose invited and what to eat and where it is- it gives me hives thinking about it- so "Aunt J & J" need to keep her on track and away from me- I manage to stress myself out enough without her adding to it and constantly asking about stuff or suggesting things or expecting me to have everything planned- in my mind- YOU wanted to be in this position- so YOU need to be the one coordinating with the people that are planning. I am SO pulling the Prego card here and yelling that I am here to show up, look big and glowing and eat!

Maybe the mood swings haven't quite gone away.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just one of those days

Caden William

Intestinal-Abdominus Who- I. Hate. You