What calm???

There is a saying : The calm before the storm, this does not apply to a pregnant person. Nesting is anything but calm. I have been non stop lately- went through all of my winter and summer clothes, sorted out what was maternity, what I KNOW will never fit again, what I think I can wear over the winter and packed up the stuff for summer. I have rearranged the baby's closet twenty times, rearranged my closet and the spare bedroom closet, washed dishes, sewed curtains, sorted coupons, folded and re-folded blankets, moved the rocking chair plugged in and played with the baby monitors- I really have been non stop. At one point- hubby looked over at me and said- sit down, you are making me nervous!!!

So- how exactly do you "test" the baby monitor? Well- Little Miss Vienna has decided that 2am is a good time to wake up. Last weekend she was up all of Friday night. I took her outside, yelled at her, sprayed her, put her bark collar on her, changed the pad in her cage- just would not settled down- whined and jumped around her cage like a little jumping bean! Now this all started about 2am- which is all of an hour and a half after dad FINALLY stopped twisting, turning and re-positioning himself. He was nonstop and I could not sleep at all, then my little princess upstairs really tested my patience. 

Her cage was moved out of the baby's room and placed in the room..... ABOVE our bedroom- not our smartest thought. So every time she moves, we can hear it and the whimpering is amplified. She has never been so upset and restless!! It was like we made a four month back step there! By six am, dad walked upstairs to see what was going on and found me sobbing at the top of the stairs. He asked what was wrong and in a pure fit of hormones, I sobbed- I can't sleep! You kept me up and she hasn't slept since two am- I have not been to bed. He sent me downstairs and I finally dozed off about seven, and woke at eleven. Dad and Vienna were sleeping on the couch, bacon defrosting in the sink. Dad quickly said he was trying to keep her quiet and was going to make breakfast for me but wanted to make sure I was up so he didn't disturb me- I did get one of the good ones ;)

The problem now is that she seems to have started waking in the middle of the night, and it took a few days to figure out that her little digestive system seems to have set a cycle to needing the facilities at that time, and won't go in her cage. We are glad she isn't potty-ing inside, but it is very frustrating in the middle of the night, so just like colic in a baby, we are hoping this is just a phase! In the meantime, we have hooked up the voice monitor above her cage and use the talk back button to let her know when she should be sleeping rather than make the trip out of bed- it seems to be working so far. 

We also hooked up the video monitor, and have had some issues getting the hang of the sensor pad that is meant to alarm if baby stops moving- ie SIDS. But it is a very loud, scary alarm, and I can't seem to find how to disable it... daddy has been given that task!

Baby time is getting closer every day... Stupid remark considering that obviously it keeps getting closer! But it really is starting to get real. I haven't had the nervousness set in like dad has- I think more so because I am so miserable feeling that I just can't see past the relief of not being pregnant, where he can ONLY see the side of oh crap we are having a kid!!! Celebrating Thanksgiving with my mom and family this weekend to avoid the window of baby's arrival, and will probably avoid Thanksgiving every where else. Hubby only has his mother and her.... friend who is a guy and lives with her but isn't her "boyfriend" (although to him she is his girlfriend- the real name for that is confusion!)- but for four people there isn't much sense in a huge meal and she tends to be so up and down with feelings that every conversation turns into Uncle T and how worried she is and sad that he isn't there, or stories about Mr. Mans work or hunting- it gets awkward and I have no input and then get reprimanded for not being more involved in the conversation. My dad lives so far away and has such a crazy schedule that we already told him no Thanksgiving- if baby is here, the drive is just going to be alot for him at that age, and if he isn't here- the nearness of the hospital or lack thereof is the deciding factor. 

Just hanging out until he decides to make an appearance and not letting every little twinge freak me out- easier said than done. Minor anxiety is setting in about not being at work and what will or will not get done and what I am coming back to. I am so tired all the time that I am really hoping for a quiet weekend aside from our dinner, but I know better- something always comes up and at the very least I know the mother in law will be over for at least an hour at some point just to visit. A quiet weekend home alone is non existent in our life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just one of those days

Caden William

Intestinal-Abdominus Who- I. Hate. You