What can a quarter buy you?

Well, as I get amazingly close to that 10 week mark, *a quarter of the way done* (something worthy of the underline, Bold, Highlight and Star- thank you Ms. Bircher- BONUS!), and I have managed the whole day with no SeaBands! and it wasn't even intentional- ok so the morning had a little Zofran lift, but that is nothing new. Also, to add to the list of things that should be included in your pregnancy test is the book "Everybody Poops." Now I assume this is an actual book, and not just some lore that parents taunt there middle school aged children with- but at this stage in life, I feel I speak for all pregnant women when I say it is not about embarrassment or life lessons, but encouragement- and perhaps a little light at the end of the tunnel that at some point your innards will start working again and you will have a genuine "baby bump" and not just a "my tacos from last week that are still hanging around" lump.

Apparently it IS  real book!! Registry Item #1

Today is also day one of wearing a true maternity shirt, and while I am the only one that knows it, there is a solace in having the honor of such apparel and it truly does make me feel a little better as my unbuttoned too tight jeans that are secured by a hair tie and a belly band, that I am not just out of my mind but on a path somewhere. Now ask in 4 or 5 more months and I will be checking to see if the turkey button has popped yet and requesting a fast track to my previous body! 

On the agenda for this weekend- secure some more sturdy maternity wear, and finish plans to make an amazing Lorax cake for a very sweet little girl  for her birthday (which will mean making jello cake for myself, because, you know, just have to make sure I remember how to bake)! I may try to swindle the husband into dinner one night- it's not like we don't have the giftcard stash to use up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just one of those days

Caden William

Intestinal-Abdominus Who- I. Hate. You