A Little Awareness

While I have yet to feel my little baby or hold them in my arms, I already can't imagine life without them. So I think it is appropriate to take time to be thankful for what we already have and hope and pray for what is to come. Here is a few link with a family that hasn't been quite as fortunate:

http://averycan.blogspot.com/



On Good Friday at around 3:30 p.m., Laura and Mike Canahuati of Houston got a call from a neurologist confirming their worst fear. The tests results showed their 5-month-old daughter Avery has a rare and incurable genetic disorder.
Avery was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy, a genetic disorder that attacks spinal neurons and progressively debilitates muscle function. Avery's was Type 1, the most severe kind, and doctors told them their little girl had only 18 months to live.-- From ABC News

This site is written in the perspective of a little girl who was given only 18 months to live. Her daily accomplishments are documented through her eyes by her parents hoping to bring more awareness to SMA.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just one of those days

Caden William

Intestinal-Abdominus Who- I. Hate. You